Tuesday, June 17, 2008

6/16/08-Night Fishing on Lake St. Clair

I went out to Lake St. Clair tonight with three of my buddies. I started out by throwing a SR-7 Walleye colored Shad-Rap, my buddies were throwing a Deep Down Husky Jerk in black and silver, a Hot-N-Tot in gold, and a bleeding olive colored minnow Rap. There were a few people crowding the pier where we were trying to fish, which made it hard to get a consistent troll. I wanted to throw a new Heddon popper, but it was way to windy to even entertain that thought. I didn't even get a hit on my Walleye so I switched to my bleeding olive minnow rap. On the night I didn't manage to catch anything nor did my buddy who was also throwing the minnow rap. The buddy who was throwing the Hot-N-Tot caught a small rockbass and my buddy who threw the Deep Down Husky Jerk managed to catch a 14inch Smallmouth weighing 1lb 7oz which put him in the lead for this week in our summer fishing tournament.

I will be heading back to Misch Lake tommorrow to try again for largemouth. I can't wait to use my new line for my Quantum Accurist 500PT, which is 12lb Stren Original monofillament in gold. The previous line I was using Yo-Zuri Hybrid was terrible and I wouldn't reccommend it to anyone. The line memory was bad and it wasn't very good for casting. The stren seems like it will be much better and looks good on my combo.

The skies are supposed to be overcast and hopefully it's not to windy. My plan is to drift along the shore lines and pound them with a popper, if that doesn't work I'll throw a wacky or texas rigged senko. After we drift along I'll throw a Rat-L-trap in the middle of the lake, I might use a spinner at some point as well.

Good fishing everyone. I'll let you know how it goes,


Bass-Sniper

No comments: